- March/April – currently working on a commission for a baby’s nursery in Wimbledon
- Jan/Feb – painted a commission of a desert scene from a photograph for a client in London
- December – painted a baby’s nursery with a blossom tree in Hampshire
- November – worked on a commission of a dog for a client in Wimbledon
- September – painted a garden shed in Ealing
- August – retouched a swimming pool mural in Kew (12 years later)
- August – painted a unicorn fairy mural in Teddington
- July – painted a trompe l’oeil washing line in Wimbledon
- June – painted a garden shed in Wimbledon
- May – working on a portrait for a regular client
- March – painted a bird for The Flourish Flock (a fundraising initiative for the charity Livability at Holton Lee)
- November – painted a circus mural for a celebrity’s child’s bedroom in London
- Continuation of project Starling Baby No.2
- November 2016 project Baby Starling No. 2!
- July – Muraldesign had a stand at the Wimbledon Fair this month
- June/July – painted a large 22 metre exterior mural on kitchen wall of Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- June/July – painted a large 22 metre exterior mural on kitchen wall of Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- May – painted fantasy exterior mural for Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- April – repainted the main section of a swimming pool mural in Hampshire that I painted 12 years ago
- February/March – working on sketches for 2 big murals for a school in South East London
- January – painted 2 children’s murals (a sky scene and safari scene) for a house in Putney
- October/November – painted 3 individual portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon
- September/October – painted a portrait of 3 children for a client in London
- August/September – painted 3 large abstract canvases for corporate offices in Covent Garden, London
- July 28th – Featured on ITV’s ‘Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh’ doing an interview about Trompe L’oeil with Frances Tophill see https://loveyourgarden2.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/trompe-loeil/
- June/July – painted 2 murals for corporate offices in Covent Garden, London
- May/June – will be painting portraits and coming up with designs for 6 paintings for offices in Covent Garden
- May – painted transport themed mural for a boy’s bedroom in Teddington, London and working on portraits
- March/April – painted 3 bedrooms in a house in Wimbledon Village with a jungle theme, rainforest theme and blossom tree mural
- February – painted a trompe l’ceil safe door and a space themed child’s bedroom for a house in Kent
- January – working on portraits for a client in London and sketches for upcoming murals
- November – designing and painting a Coat of Arms for a client in London and painting a child’s bedroom in Gerrards Cross with a fairy forest.
- September/October – Muraldesign (including Anna and 3 other artists) painted the largest outdoor mural to date at Winston Way Primary School in Ilford, London. The main wall on the roof terrace was 18m x 3.5m depicting a scene of the countryside with enormous flowers and insects.
- July/August – painted 3 murals in a house in Bayswater including a lavender field in a kitchen/dining room, a boys’ bedroom with a forest theme and circus themed mural in a playroom
- June – painted 8 dining room chairs with flowers to go with a mural of a lavender field in a kitchen/diner
- April/May- I painted silver birch trees in a large master bedroom in London with my assistant
- March – painted 3 portraits of a client’s children that I paint every year
- February – painted a huge tree in a 14 year old’s bedroom in a house in London
- January – painted a blossom tree in an ensuite bathroom of a house in London
- December – working on portraits for a regular client and painting a trompe l’oeil on double doors in Paddington
- November – painted a blossom tree and trompe l’oeil window in a teenage girl’s bedroom in High Street Kensington
- October – ended maternity leave with a bang – painted a fantasy holiday landscape in a boy’s bedroom in High Street Kensington
- January – Welcome to the world to Baby Starling – on her due date!
- December – painted a Noah’s Ark mural… for my daughter, due January 2013!
- December – painted a black panther in stylised grass as a feature in a client’s bedroom in South Kensington
- November – completed a client commission – a painting of a Summer view of Barnes Pond
- November – painted 3 portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon of their 3 children
- November – painted a fireplace with trompe l’oeil bricks for a house in Barnes
- October – trompe l’oeil painted fireplace and fairy mural featured on Channel 4’s programme Double your house for half the mony see Channel 4 on demand scrapbook
- October – painted a treehouse bed for a toddlers bedroom in a house in Hampstead
- September – painted an understairs cupboard in Oxshott to look like a castle to make it into a child’s playhouse.
- August – painted large outdoor mural of a periodic table and solar system for Mayfield School in Dagenham.
- July – exhibited work at The Barnes Fair
- June – commissioned to paint a large painting for a lounge of hibiscus flowers
- May – painted a canvas of Barnes, London
- April – painting a toddlers bedroom in Milan with a jungle themed mural
- March – painted a large nursery in Oxshott with storybook characters and painted The Treat Garden shop in Barnes with a ‘garden themed’ mural
- February – painted a woodland mural in a nursery in Islington and will be painting a nursery in Oxshott with fairytale characters.
- January – painted a fairy forest mural in a nursery in North London.
- December – painted a trompe l’oeil washing line on a wall in an apartment in Paddington, London
- November – painted 3 portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon – I paint her children every year!
- October – painted inbuilt wardrobes with fairies in Chelsea and a window on a ceiling in a basement in South Kensington, London.
- August – painted an outdoor mural of a view of Switzerland in a garden in Balham, London and also painted an outdoor mural in Southsea, Hampshire.
- July – currently working on 2 large paintings for a stately home in Devon
- June – painted a trompe l’oeil mural in a wine bar in Pinner
- May – painted a baby’s nursery with a yacht themed mural in Southampton and a baby’s nursery with a woodland theme in Streatham
- April – painted a trompe l’oeil bookcase in a cemetery lodge in London
- March – had an exhibition of my paintings called ‘Two birds in a Cage’ at The Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Parliament Square, London
- February – worked on paintings towards an exhibition I had in central London at the end of March and also painted a mural in Chelsea
- January – completed 2 more portraits for a regular client
- Oct/Nov/Dec – worked on 6 different portrait commissions for 3 regular clients
- Aug/Sep – completed extensive mural with a nursery rhyme theme for a baby’s nursery in Surrey
- August – painted a new mural for Tantrum children’s hair salon on The Kings Road, Chelsea
- July – reworked a mural in Oxford as well as painting a dinosaur mural in Balham, London
- June – repainted a 40 year old mural of the story of John The Baptist at St.John The Baptist, Primary School, Bromley
- May – Anna of Muraldesign got married and became Mrs Anna Starling!
- April – painted teenagers bedroom with ‘pop art’ themed bedroom in Hampstead, London
- March – painted 3 portraits for regular client in Wimbledon and a nursery in Islington with clouds and hotair balloons.
- February – painted extensive murals for a house in Islington including a spaceship themed room for a young boy and a picturesque woodland for a little girl.
- January – painted a forest mural for an eight year old boys bedroom in Surrey
- November – painted a stable themed mural on wardrobes in a toddlers bedroom near Regents Park, London.
- October – flew to Zurich, Switzerland, to paint a large mural for Swiss Smile Dental Clinic.
- September – painted kitchen cabinets in a beautiful house in Cambridge.
- July – painted nursery in Belgravia, London.
- June – commissioned to paint an abstract canvas in a master bedroom above a bed.
- April/May – working on extensive murals in a house in Chelsea painting a children’s bathroom, cherry blossom in a bedroom and Monet’s waterlilies in a bedroom.
- March – painted extensive murals for a client in Hampstead including a Telephone box on a utility room door, a Buckingham palace guard on a toilet door and Stables on understairs cupboards.
- February – completed portraits for client who commissions me to paint her 3 children every year
- January – painted stable theme bedroom in Essex for a clients Granddaughter
- December – painted playroom and ensuite bathroom of 7 year old boy in Surrey
- November – commissioned by Mark Owen (of Take That) to paint another mural in the nursery of his second child.
- September/ October – painted large scale safari themed mural for a 6 year old boy’s bedroom, Surrey.
- August – painted underwater mural in Swiss Smile Dental Clinic, Mayfair, London.
- July – commissioned to paint safety curtain in New Oxford Theatre with advertising logo.
- June – painted a baby’s nursery in Hampstead with a white picket fence going all around the room with stylized animals.
- April – commissioned to paint the most challenging mural to date of trompe l’oeil bookshelves in a children’s playroom for a stunning property in Surrey.
- March – painted a Pool room in Essex with a striking funky mural
- February – commissioned to paint an underwater mural and transform the bedroom of a young boy with a rare skin disease
- January – commissioned to paint a mural in baby’s nursery of a celebrity couple in Surrey.
- November – commissioned to paint a mural for ‘Tantrum’ Children’s hair salon on The Kings Road, Chelsea (www.yourtantrum.com)
- September cont… Anna Smith of Muraldesign met Princess Anne as HRH opened the mural trail in the Scottish Highland town of Invergordon where Anna has just completed her largest exterior mural to date.
- September – commissioned to paint a mural for Mark Owen (of Take That) son’s bedroom in London
- July/August – commissioned to paint a large outdoor mural for the second year running in the Scottish Highland Town of Invergordon. The mural depicted the fire brigade putting out a fire of a local hotel.
- May – commissioned to paint an indoor swimming pool in a private home in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
- April – commissioned to paint a trompe l’oeil window in a stunning apartment in Whitehall (see pictures click here)
- March cont…. – commissioned to do a painting on canvas of the cruise ship The Calypso for its Inaugral cruise. The painting will be made into prints and given to each of the passengers. Anna Smith of Muraldesign has been asked to go on the first cruise and sign prints of the painting.
- March – Working on a large mural on canvas for a children’s playroom in Wimbledon. Also exhibited a painting in Le Pecq (France) as part of an exhibition with the Barnes Arts Festival.
- February – commissioned to paint a four year olds bedroom in Chelsea with a racing car themed mural.
- January – painted large wardrobes in Tooting with an English and French alphabet.
- December – commissioned to paint 3 children’s portraits for a client in Wimbledon Village, London.
- November/December – This month Anna Smith of Muraldesign has the exciting opportunity to learn from the world re-known Muralist John Pugh in his studio in California. To see John Pugh’s work visit www.artofjohnpugh.com
- November 18th/19th – Open Studios at the Acava Studios in Wimbledon, Muraldesign’s London base. This is a great opportunity for art enthusiasts, students and anyone wanting to purchase an original piece of artwork, from 15 different artists, to come along and get inspired. The Acava Studios can be found at 21b, Global House, Lombard Road, SW19 3TZ www.acava.org
- October – commissioned to paint 3 portraits of children’s favourite toys for a London client.
- Mid September – commissioned to paint a magical fairy mural for a child’s bedroom in Chelsea, London
- August/September- Muraldesign won a saught after commission to paint a large-scale exterior mural as part of a regeneration project in a Scottish Highland town . Anna transformed the 40 square metre wall in Invergordon, Rosshire, into a dramatic scene depicting the town’s former Distillery Pipe Band in full costume complete with kilts, sporrans and bearskin hats. The high street mural is one of nine planned for the town as part of ‘Invergordon Off The Wall’, a funded project designed to give the town a tourism boost. or (to find out more about the murals in Invergordon go to www.invergordonoffthewall.co.uk).
- Mid July – a little girl in Milton Keynes has had her summer holidays come early with a safari themed mural. No animals were harmed in the creation of this mural!
- July – an 8 year old boy in Gerrards Cross has had his room transformed into a football stadium with the crowd cheering as he takes the penalty kick and scores the goal….of course!
- June – the wall of a private outdoor pool of a house in Kew has been brightened up by Muraldesign’s creative touch. It makes the pool seem more inviting!
- May/June – Two more children in Gerrards Cross have had their dreams come true as Muraldesign transformed two brothers’ bedrooms, one into a space fantasy and the other into an airport.
- May – commissioned to paint trompe l’oeil panels for Brynhall furniture company as a back drop for their exhibition stand at the BBC Good Homes exhibition at the NEC Birmingham.
- March – commissioned to paint a funky piano with a ‘flower power’ motif for a music room in Hampshire.
- February – Muraldesign brightened up the rooms of two residents at Bonhomie Nursing Home, Southampton, with a Simpsons and football themed murals.
- January – Muraldesign exhibited at the Home, Design and Interiors Exhibition at Woburn Abbey, Bedfordshire. Director Anna Smith built and painted a 10′ x 8′ castle as her stand, including a knight in full armour and Rapunzel in her tower.
- November – an ‘open weekend’ at the Acava Studios in Wimbledon, Muraldesign’s London base, is a great opportunity for art enthusiasts, students and anyone wanting to purchase an original piece of artwork, from 15 artists, to come along and get inspired. The Acava Studios can be found at Global House, Lombard Road, SW19 3TZ www.acava.org
- September/October – children’s bedrooms in a Gerrard’s Cross family home have become storybook adventures with two equally enchanting and unique murals. The princess-themed room features rambling roses, a ruined turret and Prince Charming – if you look closely! In the the little boy’s room the space race is back on with a British astronaut on the Moon, aliens and a spaceship control panel
- July/August – US Open winner Michael Campbell commissioned Muraldesign to transform his two sons’ bedrooms. One featured a train-themed trompe l’oeil on all four walls and ceiling , the other stars a space-themed mural complete with NASA Space Shuttle, astronaut, the solar system and a space ship on the ceiling.
- June – staff and patients at a private dental practice in Halifax can now let their imaginations run wild with a trompe l’oeil of a mystical mountain scene
- May – the main restaurant on board the Thomson Destiny cruise ship was transformed with a new mural featuring a paradise beach scene. The painting on the seven-metre wall was created whilst the ship was sailing around the Mediterranean
- March/April – two bathrooms in a Wimbledon home underwent a total change courtesy of Muraldesign’s creative touch. In the en-suite, a free-standing bath was painted in a Mulberry tartan design to co-ordinate with wallpaper and furnishings. ( to see pictures click here). The children’s bathroom was given an underwater themed mural complete with mermaid, turtle, caves and a treasure chest.
- December – the teenage ‘chill-out’ room on board the cruise ship Thomson Spirit was given a new lease of life with a fun and funky surfing themed trompe l’oeil mural featuring surfboards, wetsuits and even sunglasses!
- November – a stylish interiors shop in Weybridge called ‘Things Italian’ was given an artistic makeover with clouds on the ceiling and stone blocking on the walls
- November – two little boys from Battersea were given new adventure-themed bedrooms with a cowboy-themed mural and an Indiana Jones influenced trompe l’oeil
- October – a large-scale trompe l’oeil mural featuring landscaped gardens, balustrades and a peacock was created for the back wall of a private indoor swimming pool in Alton, Hampshire
- August – a covered area outside a beautiful house in Teignmouth, Devon was transformed with a trompe l’oeil featuring a lake, a wooden trellis, vines and dreamy clouds.
- July – a windowless bathroom in a Hampshire hospice was brightened up with a mural on two walls depicting a view of a beautiful garden.