- March/April currently working on a commission for a babys nursery in Wimbledon
- Jan/Feb painted a commission of a desert scene from a photograph for a client in London
- December painted a babys nursery with a blossom tree in Hampshire
- November worked on a commission of a dog for a client in Wimbledon
- September painted a garden shed in Ealing
- August retouched a swimming pool mural in Kew (12 years later)
- August painted a unicorn fairy mural in Teddington
- July painted a trompe l'oeil washing line in Wimbledon
- June painted a garden shed in Wimbledon
- May working on a portrait for a regular client
- March painted a bird for The Flourish Flock (a fundraising initiative for the charity Livability at Holton Lee)
- November painted a circus mural for a celebritys childs bedroom in London
- Continuation of project Starling Baby No.2
- November 2016 project Baby Starling No. 2!
- July Muraldesign had a stand at the Wimbledon Fair this month
- June/July painted a large 22 metre exterior mural on kitchen wall of Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- June/July painted a large 22 metre exterior mural on kitchen wall of Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- May painted fantasy exterior mural for Charlton Manor Primary School, London
- April repainted the main section of a swimming pool mural in Hampshire that I painted 12 years ago
- February/March working on sketches for 2 big murals for a school in South East London
- January painted 2 Children's murals (a sky scene and safari scene) for a house in Putney
- October/November painted 3 individual portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon
- September/October painted a portrait of 3 children for a client in London
- August/September painted 3 large abstract canvases for corporate offices in Covent Garden, London
- July 28th Featured on ITVs Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh doing an interview about Trompe l'oeil with Frances Tophill see https://loveyourgarden2.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/trompe-loeil/
- June/July painted 2 murals for corporate offices in Covent Garden, London
- May/June will be painting portraits and coming up with designs for 6 paintings for offices in Covent Garden
- May painted transport themed mural for a boys bedroom in Teddington, London and working on portraits
- March/April painted 3 bedrooms in a house in Wimbledon Village with a jungle theme, rainforest theme and blossom tree mural
- February painted a trompe lceil safe door and a space themed childs bedroom for a house in Kent
- January working on portraits for a client in London and sketches for upcoming murals
- November designing and painting a Coat of Arms for a client in London and painting a childs bedroom in Gerrards Cross with a fairy forest.
- September/October Muraldesign (including Anna and 3 other artists) painted the largest outdoor mural to date at Winston Way Primary School in Ilford, London. The main wall on the roof terrace was 18m x 3.5m depicting a scene of the countryside with enormous flowers and insects.
- July/August painted 3 murals in a house in Bayswater including a lavender field in a kitchen/dining room, a boys bedroom with a forest theme and circus themed mural in a playroom
- June painted 8 dining room chairs with flowers to go with a mural of a lavender field in a kitchen/diner
- April/May- I painted silver birch trees in a large master bedroom in London with my assistant
- March painted 3 portraits of a clients children that I paint every year
- February painted a huge tree in a 14 year olds bedroom in a house in London
- January painted a blossom tree in an ensuite bathroom of a house in London
- December working on portraits for a regular client and painting a trompe l'oeil on double doors in Paddington
- November painted a blossom tree and trompe l'oeil window in a teenage girls bedroom in High Street Kensington
- October ended maternity leave with a bang painted a fantasy holiday landscape in a boys bedroom in High Street Kensington
- January Welcome to the world to Baby Starling on her due date!
- December painted a Noahs Ark mural& for my daughter, due January 2013!
- December painted a black panther in stylised grass as a feature in a clients bedroom in South Kensington
- November completed a client commission a painting of a Summer view of Barnes Pond
- November painted 3 portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon of their 3 children
- November painted a fireplace with trompe l'oeil bricks for a house in Barnes
- October trompe l'oeil painted fireplace and fairy mural featured on Channel 4s programme Double your house for half the mony see Channel 4 on demand scrapbook
- October painted a treehouse bed for a toddlers bedroom in a house in Hampstead
- September painted an understairs cupboard in Oxshott to look like a castle to make it into a childs playhouse.
- August painted large outdoor mural of a periodic table and solar system for Mayfield School in Dagenham.
- July exhibited work at The Barnes Fair
- June commissioned to paint a large painting for a lounge of hibiscus flowers
- May painted a canvas of Barnes, London
- April – painting a toddlers bedroom in Milan with a jungle themed mural
- March – painted a large nursery in Oxshott with storybook characters and painted The Treat Garden shop in Barnes with a ‘garden themed’ mural
- February – painted a woodland mural in a nursery in Islington and will be painting a nursery in Oxshott with fairytale characters.
- January – painted a fairy forest mural in a nursery in North London.
- December – painted a trompe l’oeil washing line on a wall in an apartment in Paddington, London
- November – painted 3 portraits for a regular client in Wimbledon – I paint her children every year!
- October – painted inbuilt wardrobes with fairies in Chelsea and a window on a ceiling in a basement in South Kensington, London.
- August – painted an outdoor mural of a view of Switzerland in a garden in Balham, London and also painted an outdoor mural in Southsea, Hampshire.
- July – currently working on 2 large paintings for a stately home in Devon
- June – painted a trompe l’oeil mural in a wine bar in Pinner
- May – painted a baby’s nursery with a yacht themed mural in Southampton and a baby’s nursery with a woodland theme in Streatham
- April – painted a trompe l’oeil bookcase in a cemetery lodge in London
- March – had an exhibition of my paintings called ‘Two birds in a Cage’ at The Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Parliament Square, London
- February – worked on paintings towards an exhibition I had in central London at the end of March and also painted a mural in Chelsea
- January – completed 2 more portraits for a regular client
- Oct/Nov/Dec – worked on 6 different portrait commissions for 3 regular clients
- Aug/Sep – completed extensive mural with a nursery rhyme theme for a baby’s nursery in Surrey
- August – painted a new mural for Tantrum children’s hair salon on The Kings Road, Chelsea
- July – reworked a mural in Oxford as well as painting a dinosaur mural in Balham, London
- June – repainted a 40 year old mural of the story of John The Baptist at St.John The Baptist, Primary School, Bromley
- May – Anna of Muraldesign got married and became Mrs Anna Starling!
- April – painted teenagers bedroom with ‘pop art’ themed bedroom in Hampstead, London
- March – painted 3 portraits for regular client in Wimbledon and a nursery in Islington with clouds and hotair balloons.
- February – painted extensive murals for a house in Islington including a spaceship themed room for a young boy and a picturesque woodland for a little girl.
- January – painted a forest mural for an eight year old boys bedroom in Surrey
- November – painted a stable themed mural on wardrobes in a toddlers bedroom near Regents Park, London.
- October – flew to Zurich, Switzerland, to paint a large mural for Swiss Smile Dental Clinic.
- September – painted kitchen cabinets in a beautiful house in Cambridge.
- July – painted nursery in Belgravia, London.
- June – commissioned to paint an abstract canvas in a master bedroom above a bed.
- April/May – working on extensive murals in a house in Chelsea painting a children’s bathroom, cherry blossom in a bedroom and Monet’s waterlilies in a bedroom.
- March – painted extensive murals for a client in Hampstead including a Telephone box on a utility room door, a Buckingham palace guard on a toilet door and Stables on understairs cupboards.
- February – completed portraits for client who commissions me to paint her 3 children every year
- January – painted stable theme bedroom in Essex for a clients Granddaughter
- December – painted playroom and ensuite bathroom of 7 year old boy in Surrey
- November – commissioned by Mark Owen (of Take That) to paint another mural in the nursery of his second child.
- September/ October – painted large scale safari themed mural for a 6 year old boy’s bedroom, Surrey.
- August – painted underwater mural in Swiss Smile Dental Clinic, Mayfair, London.
- July – commissioned to paint safety curtain in New Oxford Theatre with advertising logo.
- June – painted a baby’s nursery in Hampstead with a white picket fence going all around the room with stylized animals.
- April – commissioned to paint the most challenging mural to date of trompe l’oeil bookshelves in a children’s playroom for a stunning property in Surrey.
- March – painted a Pool room in Essex with a striking funky mural
- February – commissioned to paint an underwater mural and transform the bedroom of a young boy with a rare skin disease
- January – commissioned to paint a mural in baby’s nursery of a celebrity couple in Surrey.
- November – commissioned to paint a mural for ‘Tantrum’ Children’s hair salon on The Kings Road, Chelsea (www.yourtantrum.com)
- September cont… Anna Smith of Muraldesign met Princess Anne as HRH opened the mural trail in the Scottish Highland town of Invergordon where Anna has just completed her largest exterior mural to date.
- September – commissioned to paint a mural for Mark Owen (of Take That) son’s bedroom in London
- July/August – commissioned to paint a large outdoor mural for the second year running in the Scottish Highland Town of Invergordon. The mural depicted the fire brigade putting out a fire of a local hotel.
- May – commissioned to paint an indoor swimming pool in a private home in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
- April – commissioned to paint a trompe l’oeil window in a stunning apartment in Whitehall (see pictures click here)
- March cont…. – commissioned to do a painting on canvas of the cruise ship The Calypso for its Inaugral cruise. The painting will be made into prints and given to each of the passengers. Anna Smith of Muraldesign has been asked to go on the first cruise and sign prints of the painting.
- March – Working on a large mural on canvas for a children’s playroom in Wimbledon. Also exhibited a painting in Le Pecq (France) as part of an exhibition with the Barnes Arts Festival.
- February – commissioned to paint a four year olds bedroom in Chelsea with a racing car themed mural.
- January – painted large wardrobes in Tooting with an English and French alphabet.
- December commissioned to paint 3 Children's portraits for a client in Wimbledon Village, London.
- November/December This month Anna Smith of Muraldesign has the exciting opportunity to learn from the world re-known Muralist John Pugh in his studio in California. To see John Pughs work visit www.artofjohnpugh.com
- November 18th/19th Open Studios at the Acava Studios in Wimbledon, Muraldesigns London base. This is a great opportunity for art enthusiasts, students and anyone wanting to purchase an original piece of artwork, from 15 different artists, to come along and get inspired. The Acava Studios can be found at 21b, Global House, Lombard Road, SW19 3TZ www.acava.org
- October commissioned to paint 3 portraits of Children's favourite toys for a London client.
- Mid September commissioned to paint a magical fairy mural for a childs bedroom in Chelsea, London
- August/September- Muraldesign won a saught after commission to paint a large-scale exterior mural as part of a regeneration project in a Scottish Highland town . Anna transformed the 40 square metre wall in Invergordon, Rosshire, into a dramatic scene depicting the town’s former Distillery Pipe Band in full costume complete with kilts, sporrans and bearskin hats. The high street mural is one of nine planned for the town as part of ‘Invergordon Off The Wall’, a funded project designed to give the town a tourism boost. or (to find out more about the murals in Invergordon go to www.invergordonoffthewall.co.uk).
- Mid July a little girl in Milton Keynes has had her summer holidays come early with a safari themed mural. No animals were harmed in the creation of this mural!
- July an 8 year old boy in Gerrards Cross has had his room transformed into a football stadium with the crowd cheering as he takes the penalty kick and scores the goal&.of course!
- June the wall of a private outdoor pool of a house in Kew has been brightened up by Muraldesigns creative touch. It makes the pool seem more inviting!
- May/June Two more children in Gerrards Cross have had their dreams come true as Muraldesign transformed two brothers bedrooms, one into a space fantasy and the other into an airport.
- May commissioned to paint trompe l'oeil panels for Brynhall furniture company as a back drop for their exhibition stand at the BBC Good Homes exhibition at the NEC Birmingham.
- March commissioned to paint a funky piano with a flower power motif for a music room in Hampshire.
- February Muraldesign brightened up the rooms of two residents at Bonhomie Nursing Home, Southampton, with a Simpsons and football themed murals.
- January Muraldesign exhibited at the Home, Design and Interiors Exhibition at Woburn Abbey, Bedfordshire. Director Anna Smith built and painted a 102 x 82 castle as her stand, including a knight in full armour and Rapunzel in her tower.
- November an open weekend at the Acava Studios in Wimbledon, Muraldesigns London base, is a great opportunity for art enthusiasts, students and anyone wanting to purchase an original piece of artwork, from 15 artists, to come along and get inspired. The Acava Studios can be found at Global House, Lombard Road, SW19 3TZ www.acava.org
- September/October Children's bedrooms in a Gerrards Cross family home have become storybook adventures with two equally enchanting and unique murals. The princess-themed room features rambling roses, a ruined turret and Prince Charming if you look closely! In the the little boys room the space race is back on with a British astronaut on the Moon, aliens and a spaceship control panel
- July/August US Open winner Michael Campbell commissioned Muraldesign to transform his two sons bedrooms. One featured a train-themed trompe l'oeil on all four walls and ceiling , the other stars a space-themed mural complete with NASA Space Shuttle, astronaut, the solar system and a space ship on the ceiling.
- June staff and patients at a private dental practice in Halifax can now let their imaginations run wild with a trompe l'oeil of a mystical mountain scene
- May the main restaurant on board the Thomson Destiny cruise ship was transformed with a new mural featuring a paradise beach scene. The painting on the seven-metre wall was created whilst the ship was sailing around the Mediterranean
- March/April two bathrooms in a Wimbledon home underwent a total change courtesy of Muraldesigns creative touch. In the en-suite, a free-standing bath was painted in a Mulberry tartan design to co-ordinate with wallpaper and furnishings. ( to see pictures click here). The Children's bathroom was given an underwater themed mural complete with mermaid, turtle, caves and a treasure chest.
- December the teenage chill-out room on board the cruise ship Thomson Spirit was given a new lease of life with a fun and funky surfing themed trompe l'oeil mural featuring surfboards, wetsuits and even sunglasses!
- November a stylish interiors shop in Weybridge called Things Italian was given an artistic makeover with clouds on the ceiling and stone blocking on the walls
- November two little boys from Battersea were given new adventure-themed bedrooms with a cowboy-themed mural and an Indiana Jones influenced trompe l'oeil
- October a large-scale trompe l'oeil mural featuring landscaped gardens, balustrades and a peacock was created for the back wall of a private indoor swimming pool in Alton, Hampshire
- August a covered area outside a beautiful house in Teignmouth, Devon was transformed with a trompe l'oeil featuring a lake, a wooden trellis, vines and dreamy clouds.
- July a windowless bathroom in a Hampshire hospice was brightened up with a mural on two walls depicting a view of a beautiful garden.